Looking for a flavorful and satisfying pasta dish that’s both easy and healthy? Look no further than this delicious recipe for Asparagus and Buffalo Mozzarella Spaghetti.
Made with fresh asparagus spears, juicy buffalo mozzarella, and zesty lemon, this dish is sure to please your taste buds. Perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a casual weekend lunch, this recipe is easy to follow and can be made in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or just starting out, our Asparagus and Buffalo Mozzarella Spaghetti recipe is sure to become a staple in your kitchen. So why wait? Start cooking today and enjoy the taste of Italy in the comfort of your own home!
Here are some possible recipe substitutes for the ingredients in this recipe:
- Asparagus: If you don’t have asparagus, you can substitute it with green beans, snow peas, or broccolini.
- Spaghetti: If you don’t have spaghetti, you can substitute it with any type of pasta, such as linguine, fettuccine, or angel hair.
- Buffalo mozzarella: If you can’t find buffalo mozzarella, you can substitute it with fresh burrata, ricotta, or bocconcini.
- Dried chilli: If you don’t have dried chilli, you can substitute it with red pepper flakes, fresh chilli, or a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Olive oil: If you don’t have olive oil, you can substitute it with avocado oil, coconut oil, or vegetable oil.
- Lemon zest and juice: If you don’t have a lemon, you can substitute it with lime or orange zest and juice.
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 bunch of asparagus spears, washed and woody ends removed (about 1 lb)
200 grams of spaghetti (7 oz)
1 large buffalo mozzarella* cut in half
2 teaspoons of dried chilli (10 mL)
1/4 cup of olive oil (60 mL)
Zest of 1 small lemon
Juice of 1 small lemon (2-3 tablespoons or 30-45 mL)
Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
Cook spaghetti in salted, boiling water until al dente. In the meantime, add half of the olive oil to a pan and sear asparagus spears on medium to high heat until they are slightly golden and cooked through, toss through 1 teaspoon of chilli and lemon zest and set aside.
Once spaghetti is cooked, drain and toss through remaining olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Divide spaghetti between two bowls and top with seared asparagus and buffalo mozzarella. Sprinkle remaining chilli on top and serve. Enjoy!
*ele Tip: If you can’t get a hold of buffalo mozzarella, burrata, bocconcini or even goat’s curd will work lovely with this dish.
Want more spaghetti dishes? Click here for a simple Roasted Tomato and Garlic spaghetti and here for our Spaghetti with Clams.
So looking forward to asparagus season!
Delicious – now you have me excited for spring asparagus!
Pingback: Eat: Creamy Avocado Fettuccine with Mushrooms and Pine Nuts