If you are a fan of strawberries there is very little to not love about this Strawberry Crumble Pot recipe – juicy ripe berries, creamy yoghurt and sweet crumble.
It makes a delicious, decadent breakfast or works equally well as a dessert. There is a little sugar in the dish, however you could replace the sugar in the strawberry sauce with a little honey.
The crumble really needs the sugar for the sweet crumbs though you could make the yoghurt pots without the crumb if you are on a no or low sugar diet. Otherwise enjoy the decadent deliciousness of these wonderful yoghurt pots.
1 cup of Natural Greek Yoghurt
1 cup of thick Strawberry Yoghurt*
4 large strawberries, tops removed and finely sliced
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of plain flour, toasted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 a tablespoon of white sugar
10 strawberries, tops removed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- To make strawberry sauce, add strawberries, water and sugar to a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the strawberries are fully cooked through, mash with a fork until it resembles a fine sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- To make crumble, pre-heat oven to 180C (350F), add flour to a lined baking tray in a layer and toast in oven until it is golden brown, turning occasionally so that it is fully toasted (about 5-10 mins). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add sugars, toasted flour and butter to a small bowl and rub the ingredients between your fingers until a fine crumble forms.
- To assemble pots, take two parfait glasses (or any nice glasses – we like to use a mix), and add a fine layer of crumble to the bottom, add a layer of Greek yoghurt, a layer of strawberry yoghurt and then a layer of finely sliced strawberries.
- For the next layer divide the strawberry sauce equally between the two glasses. Add a good dollop of Greek yoghurt on top, top with the remaining sliced strawberries and remaining crumble. Serve and enjoy!
ele Tip – These crumble pots can be made in advance, simply cover and refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
*If you are unable to get a good thick strawberry yoghurt (we use Jalna Strawberry Yoghurt), you can replace with thick Greek yoghurt.
Love fruit desserts? Click here for our Rustic Mulberry and Apple Tart and here for our classic Lemon Tart.