If you are a fan of strawberries there is very little to not love about this Strawberry Crumble Pot recipe – juicy ripe berries, creamy yoghurt and sweet crumble.
It makes a delicious, decadent breakfast or works equally well as a dessert. There is a little sugar in the dish, however you could replace the sugar in the strawberry sauce with a little honey.
The crumble really needs the sugar for the sweet crumbs though you could make the yoghurt pots without the crumb if you are on a no or low sugar diet. Otherwise enjoy the decadent deliciousness of these wonderful yoghurt pots.
1 cup of Natural Greek Yoghurt
1 cup of thick Strawberry Yoghurt*
4 large strawberries, tops removed and finely sliced
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of plain flour, toasted
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 a tablespoon of white sugar
10 strawberries, tops removed and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon of water
2 teaspoons of caster sugar
- To make strawberry sauce, add strawberries, water and sugar to a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- When the strawberries are fully cooked through, mash with a fork until it resembles a fine sauce. Remove from heat. Set aside and allow to cool.
- To make crumble, pre-heat oven to 180C (350F), add flour to a lined baking tray in a layer and toast in oven until it is golden brown, turning occasionally so that it is fully toasted (about 5-10 mins). Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Add sugars, toasted flour and butter to a small bowl and rub the ingredients between your fingers until a fine crumble forms.
- To assemble pots, take two parfait glasses (or any nice glasses – we like to use a mix), and add a fine layer of crumble to the bottom, add a layer of Greek yoghurt, a layer of strawberry yoghurt and then a layer of finely sliced strawberries.
- For the next layer divide the strawberry sauce equally between the two glasses. Add a good dollop of Greek yoghurt on top, top with the remaining sliced strawberries and remaining crumble. Serve and enjoy!
ele Tip – These crumble pots can be made in advance, simply cover and refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
*If you are unable to get a good thick strawberry yoghurt (we use Jalna Strawberry Yoghurt), you can replace with thick Greek yoghurt.