This beautiful Rustic Tomato Tart is quite simple to make and tastes so delicious! Pastry making can be daunting however this one is fairly fool-proof and takes no time at all.
Serve this tart with a simple green salad for lunch or dinner. It can also be served either hot or cold and is a great lunch box idea.
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
180g of cold butter, cubed
1/3 cup of chilled water
1 teaspoon of salt
2 punnets of cherry or grape tomatoes
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of thickened cream
2 tablespoons of sour cream
Sprig of thyme leaves
Basil leaves (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 180C (350 Fahrenheit).
- To make tart pastry, rub butter in to flour and salt until large crumbs form, sprinkle with chilled water and mix in to a rough dough.
- Transfer to a floured board and knead for about 2-3 minutes. Roll out flat in to a circle shape about 16 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick. Lay pastry flat on a sheet of baking paper and set aside.
- To make filling mix 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, cream and sour cream in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spoon cream mix in to the centre of the pastry and spread out leaving about 4 inches around the outside. Top with tomatoes in a circular pattern, sprinkle with thyme leaves and remaining parmesan cheese and fold sides in to make the tart case. Bake for 45mins to 1 hr until the edges are golden and the tomatoes are golden on top on top.
- Remove from oven, garnish with basil leaves and serve. Enjoy!
Want more? Click here for our Sweet Rustic Mulberry and Apple Tart.
OMG! this looks so scrumptious! Lovely colours too, definitely need to try this one. thank you for sharing.
Reblogged this on baublology and commented:
Oh yum! The perfect autumn treat!
this looks fantastic! Very similar to the Tomato-Basil pie that is one of our family favorites!
That’s yummy, my happy pixel! I have a similar recipe, have a look if you want: https://thehappiestpixel.wordpress.com/2016/04/26/tomato-focaccia/
Thanks, we will definitely check it out!
You’re welcome, my happy pixel!!
This looks absolutely delicious. The colours are gorgeous 🙂
Yum, yum. Looks so delicious!
This looks delicious!
This looks delicious! <3
what a beauty! I love making pies like this too. Have not done one up in tomato!
Pingback: Eat: Rustic Apple and Raspberry Tart
Pingback: Eat: Simple Asparagus and New Potato Tart Recipe
Pingback: Ingredients for a Beautiful Life!Eat: Rustic Mulberry and Apple Tart