This beautiful Rustic Tomato Tart is quite simple to make and tastes so delicious! Pastry making can be daunting however this one is fairly fool-proof and takes no time at all.
Serve this tart with a simple green salad for lunch or dinner. It can also be served either hot or cold and is a great lunch box idea.
1 1/2 cups of plain flour
180g of cold butter, cubed
1/3 cup of chilled water
1 teaspoon of salt
2 punnets of cherry or grape tomatoes
3/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup of thickened cream
2 tablespoons of sour cream
Sprig of thyme leaves
Basil leaves (to garnish)
- Heat oven to 180C (350 Fahrenheit).
- To make tart pastry, rub butter in to flour and salt until large crumbs form, sprinkle with chilled water and mix in to a rough dough.
- Transfer to a floured board and knead for about 2-3 minutes. Roll out flat in to a circle shape about 16 inches in diameter and 1/4 inch thick. Lay pastry flat on a sheet of baking paper and set aside.
- To make filling mix 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, cream and sour cream in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Spoon cream mix in to the centre of the pastry and spread out leaving about 4 inches around the outside. Top with tomatoes in a circular pattern, sprinkle with thyme leaves and remaining parmesan cheese and fold sides in to make the tart case. Bake for 45mins to 1 hr until the edges are golden and the tomatoes are golden on top on top.
- Remove from oven, garnish with basil leaves and serve. Enjoy!