Recipe by Kirsty Marwood, Images by Jo O’Keefe for ele Magazine.
Follow ele on Instagram here. Click here to subscribe and receive the latest issue of ele Magazine delivered direct to your door!
This is a delicious Melbourne street food style burger that you would find at food trucks and hip burger joints across the city. If you have a BBQ handy you can go ahead and grill your mushroom with the lid closed, otherwise pan frying the delicious field mushrooms will work just as well.
Ingredients (Makes 2 Burgers)
2 large field mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
2 brioche buns, burger buns or Turkish bread rolls
1/4 cup softened butter
1 tsp fresh chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
1 tsp fresh chopped dill
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp chipotle sauce
1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
Freshly shaved parmesan cheese
1 salad onion or red onion, thinly sliced
Handful of thin sliced cabbage
1. Mix the mayonnaise and chipotle sauce together, set aside.
2. Mix your softened butter with the parsley and the dill.
3. Place half of your herbed butter in the cup of each mushroom. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Grill mushrooms (topside down) on a pre-heated BBQ with the lid down or pan fry with a cover or lid until mushrooms are cooked through (approx 5 minutes on medium heat).
5. Lightly toast your roll of choice, place some rocket leaves and thin slices of cabbage on the bottom half of the toasted roll.
6. Place the mushroom on top of your greens, top with some thin slices of salad onion or red onion and shaved parmesan cheese. Dollop chipotle mayo on top.
7. Pop your toasty roll lid on and prepare for some delicious, buttery burger action. Enjoy!
Want more? Click here for Chef Hayden Quinn’s delicious Fried Chicken Burger.
Pingback: Mid-Week Food Truck Collective Returns To Melbourne’s Queen Victoria Market -
Pingback: Heston Blumenthal's Plant-Based Burgers For Grill’d -