Our Red Pepper and Tomato Soup is a easy and quick soup that is both hearty, fresh and tasty and packed full of goodness! The addition of roasted cauliflower add a little something extra and makes this soup a meal.
The recipe and images were created by Jo O’Keefe and feature in our Issue 8 of ele Magazine, our Food Lover’s Edition.
Red Pepper and Tomato Soup with Roasted Cauliflower
Ingredients (serves 2)
1/4 cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 tbsp Moroccan spice mix
1 clove garlic, chopped
400 grams chopped canned tomatoes
1 capsicum, roasted and skin removed
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup milk (Jo uses unsweetened almond milk)
Salt and pepper to season
1 tbsp of olive oil
Parsley, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 175C (320F). Place cauliflower and garlic on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on Moroccan spice mix. Mix together and roast until the edges are little blackened (approx. 20 minutes).
- Blend canned tomatoes, roasted capsicum, brown sugar and milk in blender until smooth.
- Pour tomato mix into a saucepan to heat thoroughly.
- Ladle into two bowls and top with roasted cauliflower pieces and chopped parsley.
- Serve with toasted bread, cheese toasties or saltine crackers for crunch. Enjoy!