It’s the Super Bowl on Monday and this Smoked Guacamole recipe by Traegar is the perfect Super Bowl snack food! The smoked avocado elevates this from everyday guacamole to something special and the charred corn adds a delicious sweetness that is offset perfectly by the chilli and lime.
Trust us, once you have tried this recipe your guacamole game will be elevated forever!
Smoked Guacamole by Traegar (serves 6)
7 whole avocados, seeded and peeled
1 whole jalapeno pepper
4 whole ears of corn, husked
¼ cup of chopped coriander
¼ cup tomato, diced
¼ cup red onion, diced
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp garlic, minced
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Set your Traeger grill (or BBQ equivalent) temperature to 80°C and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes. For optimal flavour, use the ‘Super Smoke’ feature if available.
2. Place avocados cut side up directly on the grill grate and smoke for 10 minutes.
3. Remove avocados from the grill and increase the temperature to 230°C.
4. When the BBQ is to temperature, place whole jalapeno pepper and corn directly on the grill grate. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a nice char has been achieved.
5. Cut the charred corn from cobs and set aside.
6. Place the jalapeno pepper in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; wait 10 minutes, then easily remove the skin. Dice the pepper and add to the corn kernels
7. In a large mixing bowl, coarsely mash smoked avocados, leaving some chunks. Add peppers, corn and all remaining ingredients. Mix to combine. Enjoy!
Chef’s note: Guacamole is best made as close to serving as possible. For short term storage, seal in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap against the surface of the guacamole.