Chocolate Bark is quite possibly the easiest sweet treat to make, it simply takes delicious chocolate and reforms it to make a beautiful treat that looks like you have gone to a lot more effort than you have.
This recipe is packed full of aphrodisiac-inducing qualities including dark chocolate, cherry and beetroot making it the perfect recipe to create for a special loved one for Valentine’s Day. Of course, it is also delicious at any other time of the year and is the perfect gift – simply wrap in baking paper and tie with a pretty bow!
250g Dark Chocolate
150g White Chocolate
1 tsp of beetroot juice (pink food colouring also works great)
1 Cherry Ripe Bar* chopped in to 1cm pieces
1. Gently melt both chocolates separately in metal bowls over a saucepan of simmering water.
2. Once the chocolate is fully melted spoon the dark chocolate on to a sheet of baking paper on a flat tray and smooth out in to a rectangle shape about half a centimetre thick. Allow it to set for just a minute or two.
2. Drizzle half of the white chocolate on to the dark chocolate in long swirls.
3. Add the beetroot dye to the remaining white chocolate and gently stir until it is pink.
4. Dollop and swirl the pink chocolate over the dark and white chocolate.
5. Top with chopped cherry ripe bar.
6. Place the bark in the fridge for about 1-2 hours until fully set.
7. Once it is set, remove from fridge and cut in to pieces roughly 2 x 3 inches in size. Enjoy!
*Cherry Ripe is an Australia dark chocolate, coconut and cherry bar. You can replace with dried cherries and coconut flakes.