Zucchini Slice (or courgette for our UK/French friends!) is an all time classic, it’s easy to make, tastes delicious and is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s even better when zucchinis are in season and growing in abundance in the garden. Using free range eggs is a must, however the bacon is optional, by omitting it you have a delicious vegetarian slice.
350g grated zucchini
6 small free range eggs (5 large)
60ml light olive oil
1 cup of self raising flour
1 brown onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
150g smoked bacon, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
Sea salt & black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.
3. In a large bowl lightly whisk eggs. Add flour and mix thoroughly until the mixture is combined and smooth.
4. Add olive oil, zucchini, onion, bacon and mint and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour in to pre-prepared tin. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes until the slice is lightly golden on top cooked through. Allow to slightly cool, cut in to squares and serve. Enjoy!
ele Tip: this delicious slice is great served warm or cold, it is also a great lunch box addition and will keep covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.