Delicious juicy ripe tomatoes, creamy goat’s curd and fragrant thyme topped on toasted sourdough – it doesn’t get much better than this simple breakfast, brunch or lunch combo!
The trick is picking the ripest, sweetest tomatoes, preferably from the garden, but if you can’t get your hands on heirloom or vine tomatoes, cherry tomatoes will work equally well. We used flowering thyme as we love how pretty it is (and it is currently blooming in the ele garden), however normal thyme works perfectly well too.
2 slices of sourdough bread
2 small bunches of vine tomatoes
2 heirloom tomatoes
2 tbsp of soft ricotta cheese
40g goat’s curd, crumbled
2 tbsp olive oil
8 sprigs of thyme leaves
Salt & pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F).
2. Place tomatoes on a sheet of baking paper on a tray and drizzle with olive oil, scatter with 4 sprigs of thyme and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in oven for 10 minutes until the tomatoes have blistered. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
4. Toast sourdough slices and spread with ricotta cheese, add crumbled goat’s curd evenly between the toasts and top with roasted tomatoes.
5. Serve drizzled with a little extra olive oil, remaining thyme sprigs and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
Love tomatoes? Click here for our Tomato and Ricotta Tart and here for our Tomato and Caper Salad with White Balsamic Vinegar.