Let’s not pretend that there is anything healthy about these double chocolate cookies, they are pure indulgence in every single bite. Rich dark chocolate, sweet caramel dulce de leche and a sprinkle of salt flakes combine to make a cookie that is delicious, moor-ish and sure to please every sweet tooth in your life.
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 cups plain flour
1 egg yolk
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp milk
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1/3 cup cocoa powder
250g large dark chocolate buttons
50g dulce de leche, store bought or homemade
2 tsp salt flakes, to serve
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C (340F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat both sugars and butter together with electric beaters for about 5 minutes.
3. Add egg, egg yolk, vanilla essence, flour, salt, bi-carb soda and cocoa. Beat until all ingredients are combined.
4. Gently stir dark chocolate buttons through the cookie mix.
5. Take 1 heaped tablespoon of cookie dough and roll in to balls and place on pre-prepared trays. Place the balls about two inches apart so they have room to spread.
6. Bake in over for approx. 15-18 minutes until the cookies are cooked through and ever so slightly browned.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Top with a spoonful of dulce de leche and sprinkle with salt flakes. Enjoy!