At this time of year with friends and family dropping by it is great to have a very simple salad recipe on hand that looks pretty, tastes delicious and is easy to make. Our fig salad is exactly that, it can be prepared in no time but still looks like you have gone to a little effort.
We like to use fresh figs in this recipe however you can also grill them by brushing with a little olive oil and grilling on both sides until they are browned and slightly soft.
Fig & Feta Salad with Honey Dressing
3 whole fresh figs
150g mixed green leaves, rocket included
40g of pine nuts, toasted
50g of feta cheese, sliced
2 tablespoons of honey
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and cracked pepper
1. Cut fresh figs in half and set aside.
2. In a large bowl assemble green leaves and sprinkle with pine nuts. Arrange sliced feta cheese on top.
3. Place figs on top of the salad.
4. To make the honey dressing, mix all ingredients together and shake well.
5. Drizzle honey dressing on top, season with salt and pepper.
6. Serve simply accompanied by some fresh sourdough bread or grilled meat or seafood. Enjoy!
Love simple salads? Click here for our Peach, Prosciutto and Mozzarella Salad and here for our Winter Roast Chicken and Kale Salad with Avocado Dressing.