We are celebrating the last of the summer fruit with these delicious mulberry and raspberry crumble pots. Sweet, juicy fruit combined with a brown sugar and oat crumble makes a dessert that is both naughty and nice. Packed full of healthy berries, we can ignore the little bit of sugar and butter that makes this crumble oh so good.
1 punnet of fresh raspberries
1 1/2 cups fresh mulberries
2 tsp honey
1 tbsp water
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp butter
Raspberry powder, to serve (optional)*
Dollop cream, to serve
* We love using New Zealand company, Fresh As freeze dried raspberry powder.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F)
2. Add mulberries, raspberries, honey and water to a medium sized saucepan. Gently cook on a low to medium heat until the berries have reduced down (about 10 minutes).
3. Drain berries in a sieve, retaining the juice. Set juice aside.
4. Divide berries equally among 3 oven proof ramekins.
5. In a bowl mix the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add butter and using your fingers crumble the mix together until crumbs form.
6. Top each berry pot with crumble mix.
7. Bake in oven for 15 minutes until crumble is golden and berries are bubbling.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve topped with cream, reserved berry juice and a sprinkle of raspberry powder. Enjoy!