Looking for a delicious recipe that will save you time in the kitchen? Try Mt. Elephant’s and nutritionist Jacqueline Alwill’s Nice Cream Cookie Sandwich below! These cookie sandwiches are healthy and delicious and the perfect go-to sweet treat.
Nice Cream Cookie Sandwich Recipe
Recipe by Mt. Elephant and Jacqueline Alwill, Accredited Nutritionist @brownpapernutrition
1 egg (or 1 ripe banana for vegan option)
80ml extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
1 packet Mt Elephant Double Choc Superfood Cookie mix*
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups sliced frozen banana
1/4 cup plant based or dairy milk
1. Heat oven to 170C and line a large tray with greaseproof paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and butter or extra virgin olive oil. Add Mt Elephant Choc Chunk Wholefoods Brownie and mix. If using butter ensure it has completely cooled down.
3. Fold in the dry cooking mix until well combined.
4. Dampen your hands with water, scoop 1.5 tbsp of cookie mix in your hands and roll.
5. Place on a tray and gently press down to 1cm thickness.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
7. While cooling, blend the nice cream, by placing the plant milk and vanilla in the base of a high powered blender or food processor, followed by the frozen banana slices. Blend until creamy and with a gelato-like consistency.
8. Pop one cookie onto each plate, then scoop nice cream onto the base layer of the cookie sandwich.
9. Top with a second cookie and serve.
*ele Tip – if you can’t get a hold of Mt. Elephant’s cookie mix, you can bake your own cookies to use in this recipe, see our cookie recipes here.
About Mt. Elephant
Made from real, wholefood ingredients, Mt. Elephant’s full range of baking mixes are available now in the baking aisle at Woolworths stores nationwide. For more information head to Mt. Elephant’s website.
Want more? Click here for our White Chocolate, Almond and Cranberry Cookies and here for a Classic Choc Chip Cookie Recipe.
Pingback: Nice Cream Cookie Sandwich Recipe | Cleveland Foxers