Recipe created exclusively for ele by Caroline, The Delightful Cook
The perfect way to warm up on those cooler days, beautiful stone fruit with a cinnamon syrup served with delicious vanilla ice cream, there’s no stopping at one! If peaches aren’t your thing, you can change it up with any type of fruit.
Ingredients (serves 6)
2 cups plain flour
1 tbsp white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 stick (250g) cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1/4 cup iced water
4 peaches, cut into slices
3 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup honey
1. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, salt and butter and process until mixture looks crumbly.
2. Add water and process until the pastry begins to come together.
3. Transfer to a work surface and gather it together to form a ball. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 mins.
4. For the topping, add the brown sugar, cinnamon and honey and mix until combined. Core and cut the peaches into slices and set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C (350F). On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the pastry. Cut into 15cm round disks (will make about 6). Place them on a baking trays lined with baking paper.
6. Starting from the middle, place the peach slices on top of the pastry, leaving a 2 inch border from the edge. Repeat the same for each galette. Once completed, fold over the pastry at the edges.
7. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over each galette.
8. Cook for an 50 mins to 1 hour, until the pastry is brown, crispy and peaches are tender. Transfer to cooling rack.
9. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!