This scone recipe is a twist on our very popular Lemonade Scones. If you have some spare champagne (or a good sparkling wine) you need to get rid of this is the perfect way to glam up your afternoon tea! Of course, there is a very good chance that if you are drinking champagne you won’t have any left but if you can spare a cup, try this recipe – it is delicious!
1 cup champagne
1 cup cream
3 cups self raising flour
1 tbsp sugar (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 220C.
2. Measure three cups of self-raising flour into a large bowl. Add the lemonade and the cream and mix with a knife until the dough comes together.
3. Turn the dough out onto the bench and pat out until it is about an inch thick. Using a cookie cutter or a glass, cut the scones into circles and place them on an oven tray. Brush a little bit of extra cream over them with a pastry brush.
4. Put into the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes or until the scones are puffed up and golden.
5. Serve with whipped cream, raspberry jam and a glass of champagne.