Try our delicious Christmas Berry and Passionfruit Pavlova Recipe, the perfect festive dessert!
In the Southern Hemisphere pavlova is a traditional Christmas dessert that makes an appearance on festive tables all across the region.
Created in honour of the Russian ballet dancer, Anna Pavlova in the 1920s, it’s origin is up for hot debate with both Australia and New Zealand claiming it as their own. Regardless of who the true owner of this delicious dessert is, it is a masterpiece worthy of centre stage on any festive table.
Sweet, airy meringue is topped with whipped cream and in-season summer fruits providing a delicious summery dessert. If you are in the cooler climates, try swapping out the summer fruits with banana and caramel sauce or chocolate and candied oranges.
This version was created for ele by the very talented Justina Ramanauskienė, and we think it is the perfect addition to any Christmas table, whether you are in the sunny south or cool north.
120 g egg whites (4 medium eggs)
200 g granulated sugar
1 tsp raspberry vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
1 tbsp corn starch
1. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and preheat the oven to 125℃.
2. Place the egg whites in a large, clean mixing bowl. Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Then add sugar one tablespoon at a time. Let the sugar mix well in the egg whites. It will take about 6 – 8 minutes. The meringue must look glossy. Whisk in vinegar and corn starch.
3. Spoon and spread the meringue onto the prepared baking sheet in large dollops making the sides a little higher than the center.
4. Bake the meringue for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave it to cool completely in the oven.
300 ml heavy whipping cream
Fresh raspberries, blackberries, and passionfruits
Powdered sugar to dust
1. Beat the cream until thick.
2. Place the meringue on the serving platter and top with the whipped cream, berries, pulp of passionfruits, passionfruit halves and dust with powdered sugar.
Serve and enjoy!
Want more festive recipes? Try our Gingerbread Layer Cake.
Love berries? Click here for our delicious Mixed Berry Yoghurt and here for our Rustic Mulberry and Apple Tart.
Pingback: Ingredients for a Beautiful Life!A Classic Italian Panforte
Pingback: Ingredients for a Beautiful Life!Jingle Juice
Pingback: Christmas Glazed Ham -
Pingback: Buttery Egg Yolk Scrambled Eggs -