Packed full of super seed goodness, oats, almonds and antioxidant dark chocolate, these delicious homemade choc chip muesli bars are our new favourite work and lunch box treats.
They are a cinch to make, require no baking and are so good for you, the perfect replacement for your 3pm chocolate bar fix.
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup linseeds (flaxseeds)
1/2 cup roasted almonds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2/3 cup honey
150 g tahini
100 g butter (can be replaced with a nut butter if you prefer)
1. In a small saucepan, add honey, tahini and butter and gently melt over a low heat until all ingredients are combined.
2. In a blender add oats, sunflower seeds, pepitas, linseeds and almonds and gently pulse until the mix is slightly ground up.
3. Transfer seed mix to a large bowl and add cinnamon and sesame seeds. Mix through the tahini sauce until the mixture is well combined.
4. Add 2/3 of the dark chocolate chips and fold through.
5. Line a 30cm x 20cm slice tin with baking paper, add mixture and press down firmly.
6. Top with remaining chocolate chips pressing them down in to top of the seed mix.
7. Freeze for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut in to three rows of bars. Enjoy!
Want more? Click here for our Dark Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies and here for our Dark Chocolate Antioxidant Bark with Dried Cranberries and Almonds.