Who doesn’t love pizza? And when it is topped with a classic combo of pumpkin, blue cheese and pine nuts there is even less not to love!
We use a homemade pizza base for this recipe however for a quick dinner a store-bought base will also work perfectly well.
Pizza Base – see our simple pizza base recipe here
150g pumpkin, chopped in to 1 inch cubes
1 tbsp pine nuts
1 cup fresh rocket leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
50 grams of strong blue cheese
50 grams of plain flour
50 grams of butter
3/4 of a cup of milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (350F).
2. In a roasting pan add pumpkin, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes until it is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside (note pumpkin can be roasted in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to use).
3. Increase oven temperature to high.
4. To make cheese sauce, add butter and flour to a small saucepan over a medium heat, stirring to combine. Once the butter is fully melted add milk and turn heat to high whisking fast until a thick white sauce forms. Remove from heat and crumble in blue cheese. Gently stir through and season with cracked pepper.
5. To assemble pizza, spoon over cheese sauce, leaving a 1 inch border. Top with pumpkin and bake in oven for about 10-12 minutes until pizza is cooked through and topping is bubbling and golden.
6. Remove from oven and top with fresh rocket leaves and pine nuts. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Want more? Click here for our Egg, Spinach and Truffle Oil Pizza and here for our Pizza Bianca with Smoked Salmon and Creme Fraiche.
Pingback: Ingredients for a Beautiful Life!Roasted Sweet Potato, Pomegranate, Feta and Chickpea Salad
Pingback: Pumpkin, Red Lentil and Chorizo Soup -
Pingback: Chef Masterclass: Joel Bennetts’ Snapper In Coconut Green Curry -